1 and 1/2 cups of caster sugar
150g unsalted butter
2 cups of self-raising flour
Pulp with seeds of 3 fresh maracuyas
1 tbs baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and flour a cake or loaf tin (5 cups capacity). Make sure to use all ingredients at room temperature.
2. In a bowl, sieve the flour, and mix it with the baking soda and the salt.
3. In a second bowl, place the sugar and the butter and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until obtaining a soft cream. Ad the eggs, one by one and keep mixing.
4. Now add the flour and the maracuya pulp and give it a fast mix until well combined.
5. Place the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven and bake until the top of the cake turn golden.
6. Let the cake cool to room temperature and serve it as simple as that. You also can cover it with a maracuya icing or curd.